The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hello-an-intro-and-a-question-16745456.aspx

Subject:  Hello, an intro, and a question. Date:  2/17/2002  9:25 AM
Author:  heatherlynn Number:  33824 of 76237

Hello. I just found this board!!

First of all, an introduction, and my problem!

I'm a pre-30 female, college grad with a degree in English, who is a business owner, and a technical writer. I've been tech writing for 5 years, and my salary has increased 350% over this time (thank you consulting world!). However, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis this past year, and realize that I'm not in a position to continue sitting at a desk all day typing. Hence, the reason I started a business. I want to have the income coming in to take care of myself in the event (knock on wood) that I eventually become "disabled". (icky thought...gotta do whatever I need to do to fight that).

I am starting an IRA this year (a Roth, of course)to help with my later care. What is a good, stable company that I can place this IRA with? I'm starting it for the year 2001 by April 15, and need to find a stable place to store my money. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you!
Heather

ps. My business is starting to take off. I just started it in December, so it's going a bit slow right now.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us