The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  converting a 401-k Date:  3/4/2002  4:06 PM
Author:  richardhollander Number:  7819 of 20632

My daughter has about 20K in a 401-k from her former place of biz. I gather that the money can be removed from that particular entity and rolled somewhere. she wants me to invest the money which I agreed to do (while guaranteeing her no losses- how did I agree to that?). Anyway, I suggested moving to an internet brokerage and just giving me access to it.
Does anybody have any suggestions for:
1. Good online brokerage- Scottrade, USAA, etc.

2. Any particular caveats to moving one of these accts. or do the firms handle all the details as in moving a Roth IRA?

Will appreciate any input.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us