The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: tax rebate Date:  3/7/2002  8:36 PM
Author:  RoseSmeller Number:  59557 of 127549

hope someone has the patience to answer this question. if in college in 2000 I was single and in college with no income and in 2001 still in college but married in aug am I entitled to a rebate under my wifes income for that year. I received no rebate because I had no income. If I am entitled to rebate how do I ask for it on this years return. thanks in advance.


It's called the "Rate Reduction Credit" on the tax forms, and the instruction booklet has a worksheet you will have to fill out to see if you are entitled. See line 7 on form 1040EZ or line 30 on form 1040A or line 47 on form 1040.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us