The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-asked-hope-someone-has-the-patience-to-16864026.aspx

Subject:  Re: tax rebate Date:  3/8/2002  1:54 PM
Author:  cookc2 Number:  59570 of 121144

You asked --- hope someone has the patience to answer this question. if in college in 2000 I was single and in college with no income and in 2001 still in college but married in aug am I entitled to a rebate under my wifes income for that year. I received no rebate because I had no income. If I am entitled to rebate how do I ask for it on this years return. thanks in advance. ---

My wife and I are in the same boat. I'm the one with income, she's in medical school. Back in January I asked that same question on this board and the answer was a resounding yes! We are MFJ and since the rebate is for earnings for 2001 and she is included on the married filing jointly return, the two of us should receive a total of $600 from the rebate. Since I had received my $300 from filing single in 2000, my wife and I get the other $300 when we file this year. Hope that helps. If not, look back through the boards and find the string of messages related to my question earlier.

Regards
cookc2
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us