The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Action Performance Companies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-thanks-for-the-info-and-your-perspective-16943889.aspx

Subject:  Re: Followers rise... Date:  3/23/2002  12:37 PM
Author:  GliderRider240 Number:  17 of 25

Hey thanks for the info and your perspective. Looking at the price history, I wish I had been looking at ATN a year ago! I've been trying to do a little research to see why there was a big dip in 2000, revenue drop, net loss, etc. I think you were referring to this when you mentioned their recovery strategy. I also ran across this in a description of the company:

In September 2000, ATN entered into a ten-year outsourcing and exclusive supply agreement with QVC, under which the company will be QVC's exclusive supplier for motorsports memorabilia offered by ATN's Collectors' Club, and QVC will be the exclusive distributor for the Collectors' Club products, including distribution over the Internet.

In December 1999, the company announced a repurchase program of up to $40 million of its common stock. The initial term of the program was for one year, subject to extension.

I was wondering how these activities played into the decline and subsequent turn around since it was roughly in the same time period.

Also, Since the business it so tied to racing, and although my perception is that the popularity of racing is increasing, what would happen if the popularity decreased? I thought it might be fun to look at some trend analysis of the racing industry... tv viewers, race track attendance, etc. There has bound to be a strong correlation between ATN revenues and some racing industry data. Have you done anything like that or seen any reports to that effect?

One more thing... thanks for the tip on DYII, I'll check it out!

Thanks again!
JB

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us