The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-family-moved-here-during-the-20th-century-i-16959023.aspx

Subject:  Re: Factor an additional 5% to RE - Reparations Date:  3/26/2002  6:26 PM
Author:  dukeandduke Number:  64203 of 753086

My family moved here during the 20th Century. I can 100% verify no slave holdings in America for me or my descendents.

The only people who truly deserve reparations would be the American Indian, as they were legally harmed by false contracts entered into by the American govenrment.

And possibly Slaveholders who lost their property after the Civil War. Maybe enough lawyers will get together to extort some money for that. Eventually, lawyers will push for suing everyone being responsible for everything ever done by anyone, ever. It is pathetic.

I think that we should have the British system in place that the loser pays the other legal fees. And also use some common sense (that would be a first) in deciding these "cases".

Duke and Duke - Who thinks that political correctness crossed the line at least a decade ago.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us