The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/am-i-the-only-one-besides-the-brave-plaintiff-16961469.aspx

Subject:  Re: Factor an additional 5% to RE - Reparations Date:  3/27/2002  10:00 AM
Author:  MadCapitalist Number:  64219 of 753758

Am I the only one (besides the brave plaintiff) who agrees that America MUST pay restitution for its abominable history of slavery, genocide and mass murder that goes on even as we speak??

The plaintiff is suing companies being run by completely different people and owned by completely different shareholders than at the time of the transactions in question. If the plaintiff is successful, the plaintiff will be punishing people for something done by others. How in the world can you say that this is fair? And would you think its fair if it was *you* who was being punished for the actions of others?

Also, the plaintiff isn't even the one who was harmed! And as far as I know, the plaintiff has no way to prove that any of her ancestors were harmed by these specific actions.

I suppose next we should put all the Jews on trial for what they did to Jesus!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us