The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/just-because-i-have-a-position-on-a-particular-16962018.aspx

Subject:  Re: Factor an additional 5% to RE - Reparations Date:  3/27/2002  11:24 AM
Author:  Squawk1200 Number:  64235 of 734572

Just because I have a position on a particular issue doesn't mean that I have to take action on it.

I live in the US, and I am one of those crazy people who thinks that I should have the right to freely voice my opinions. If you don't like it, too bad.

Well, my friend, that's just lovely. But I live in the US, too, and so I enjoy the right to freely point out the hypocrisy and/or racism inherent in remaining silent on the Holocaust cases and whining about these latest slavery cases. Those of us who had the courage to say that the Holocaust cases didn't belong in US courts can now criticize these cases without being subject to cries of racism. Those of you that did not--or worse, who supported the Holocaust cases--have, as they say, some splainin' to do.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us