The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-figure-eventually-in-a-few-thousands-16976833.aspx

Subject:  Re: Factor an additional 5% to RE - Reparations Date:  3/29/2002  5:19 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  64389 of 741038

"I figure eventually in a few thousands years we will all look pretty similar anyhow."

I read an article recently on one of my Anthropology sites that the United States is fast becoming a "Creole" nation. What man's heart hasn't been quickened by some dark eyed raven haired beauty? I seem to recall a book by Anne Rice, "Feast of All Saints", a book about the "Gens de Couleur Libres", or the free people of color. The story is about plantation owners who kept beautiful octaroon mistresses in New Orleans. Have you noticed that a lot of beautiful women featured in movies on TV are brunettes? We are all mixtures of varying degrees. It is only a matter of time till the United States is as "Creole" as it's Carribean neighbors to the south of us. - Art

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us