The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-been-through-the-instructions-on-the-16979919.aspx

Subject:  Re: Digital cable blues Date:  3/30/2002  3:37 PM
Author:  paulfife Number:  260416 of 883954

I have been through the instructions on the digital box that got installed here earlier today. Nowhere can I find anything that would cause it to do an automatic channel change. The old analog box would do that so I could record from different channels during the night (actually able to program in 8 channel changes), but nothing on this new box. Grrr...

Most digital boxes have the option to control your VCR with an "IR Blaster" attatchment. My cable company brags about it on their website but fails to mention it isn't included. Typically what I want to record is in the analog range (below 100) so I haven't bothered to inquire about it.

In examing the materials left by the installer, it looks like I should have access to about twice as many channels as I have--the web site neglected to have anything on it for picking the three "bonus choice categories" that came with the level of service I ordered. Grrr...

Sounds like they don't have a very good internet ordering, or customer service to follow up and check what bonus option you want. Looks like you get basic cable included with your condo, so satellite probably isn't an option then, is it?

I'd personally go with the DVD option anyways. You get to choose to watch what you want, when you want, with the option of a pause. Plus the quality of a DVD (both picture and sound) is MUCH higher than digital cable.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us