The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  2001 IRA but already filed taxes Date:  4/9/2002  10:19 AM
Author:  mahomerCA Number:  60123 of 127753

I actually got my act together and completed my taxes early this year. However, we now have some extra money that I didn't plan to have this quarter. I would like to put this money in a 2001 IRA. I know that this IRA would not be deductible on my taxes. My question is, do I have to submit an amended return if I invested this money in a IRA marked as a 2001 contribution if it won't affect my taxes in anyway?


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us