The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Speaker's Corner / Religion -- all about it

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-would-love-to-tell-you-more-feel-free-to-email-17045338.aspx

Subject:  Re: The amorphous It Date:  4/11/2002  11:26 AM
Author:  JLizNY Number:  542 of 572

I would love to tell you more. Feel free to email me.

I will say that Christianity is different from other religions in that it's not about that YOU do, it's about what JESUS has done for you. It's about admitting that you can't
be "good" enough on your own and accepting what Jesus did for you by paying the penalty for your sin. When you accept his gift of forgiveness and eternal life, his spirit
will come and dwell within you, helping you to live the way he wants you to and helping you get to know him better.

It's not, as some might think, about adhering to rules and following the 10 commandments. And it's definitely not boring, like so many church services can be sometimes.
God is so much bigger and more outrageous in his love than even those of us who follow him can imagine.

That's all I'll say for now.

Well, I was raised in the Christian church, and I'm sorry but the feelings that you described in your original email is not the feelings I have about my faith. I'm looking for another religion where I'm responsible for my after-life, not someone (or something) else. I have a few issues with Christianity. But those don't necessarily need to be discussed here.

But thank you for your willingness to share.

JLizNY :)
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us