The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-reason-for-sending-the-picture-and-update-is-17079452.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: single parent dilemma Date:  4/17/2002  6:00 PM
Author:  Booa Number:  123029 of 308787

My reason for sending the picture and update is that, in ten years, when he finally grows up and wants contact with her, I don't want him to be able
to go to court and say, "she kept the child away from me all this time; I didn't know where they were." I'm not keeping him away, by sending pictures
and an address once a year or so; he's keeping himself away.

So, now I've written this letter, explaining how hard it was for me to ask for help, what a great kid he's missing out on, etc.

Is this the right thing, or should I just send the pic and address, without embelishment?

Ishtar

------------------

I think you're doing the right thing to tell him about his daughter. If only so in ten years, if Chandra wonders why he was never around, you'll know you did not keep him away, and in fact tried to get him involved in her life. And I wouldn't say that what you've written in the letter is embellishment, I mean, Chandra *is* a great kid, and he *is* missing out by not being in her life. :-) His loss, I hope he figures it out before it's too late for him to be any meaningful part of her life.

--Booa
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us