The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-took-the-description-of-that-part-of-the-letter-17079535.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: single parent dilemma Date:  4/17/2002  6:11 PM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  123032 of 308363

I took the description of that part of the letter as not so much begging as scolding. As in "ya know, it was really hard for me to ask and it was f&**ing rude of you to say you'd help and then not follow through, ya lousy bum".

Yeah, that was pretty much it. We're ok now, but two years ago we weren't and it WAS damn difficult for me to ask for help. I don't ask for help, I sometimes think I can handle anything/everything.

If he COULDN'T help then, I would have prefered he just say so, instead of saying it then not following through.

I didn't even ask until he was at the point of bragging about living rent free (off of his parents) and thinking about buying not ONE, but TWO cars (well, financing two cars) My thought was that if he could afford two car payments, he could put one off for a while (he can only drive one car at a time!) and help me get health insurance for Chandra. Guess I'm still bitter.

Ok, after reading everyone's responses, I'm going to rewrite the letter, just put in updates on how she's doing and where we're living now, no mention of the money.

Thanks, everyone.

Ishtar

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us