The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ishtar-i-can-believe-that-was-a-very-hard-letter-17082474.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: single parent dilemma Date:  4/18/2002  10:34 AM
Author:  Catleen Number:  123092 of 308782

Ishtar:

I can believe that was a very hard letter to write.

Of course you know that some people make lousy parents and you can't give what you don't have. Meaning that it is certainly very possible that he might wake up 10 years from now and want to know his kid. As to whether or not his child will want to know him, after all that lost time, is another story.

Send the picture and the update. No embelishments. He probably will do his usual, nothing with his child. But, you don't want this to be on your shoulders when, if you end up in court and you didn't attempt to update him. I would make the small mention that she is actively in martial arts and doing well. A very small mention. (You might want to make copies, just in case) but then it might just be me being paranoid.

We all hear the stories and know that she is a wonderful child. And I do feel that it is more hurtful for him to be in and out of her life and buying "guilt" presents.

Catleen

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us