The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-seems-since-this-deadbeat-was-never-part-of-17082859.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: single parent dilemma Date:  4/18/2002  11:25 AM
Author:  pacman1062 Number:  123112 of 308567

It seems since this deadbeat was never part of the childs life, they are treating it like he couldn't abandon a child that he had no contact with

If the guy knew the child existed, that argument would never wash with me. He can abandon someone he knows about simply by never making an effort. If he did not know there was a child, that would be a different story.

LuluB,

Our thoughts exactly, however, the local courts don't seem to agree with us. And, untill we can find a way to contact him to get him to either sign or not we seem to be up sh*t's creek.

I don't think he has 'earned' the right to even be asked. He is scum, his dad (who is one of my clients, therefore, I have to be careful about asking him anything) is always into something that looks shady, but, seems nice enough, backs out of his responsiblities too. Maybe, I'll get lucky and he'll come in with his dad sometime or his dad will let it slip where he lives that we can send him the official notice.

Dan,
...trying to be optimistic....
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us