The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/new-card-17178586.aspx

Subject:  New Card? Date:  5/7/2002  2:09 AM
Author:  RedRaider04 Number:  125594 of 308232

Hey Fools!
I am a 20-year-old college student at Texas Tech, and my one credit card expires in August of this year. Yes, yes, tis true, a college student with only 1 credit card who pays the balance in full every month...pretty rare huh? The card is a Bank of America Visa...and yes it IS a credit card through Bank of America not a check card. I havent had any problems with it or BOA since having the card almost 2 years now. This is my first credit card...so bare with my lack of knowledge on the subject. What happens when it expires? Will they send me a new one? And if they do...should I keep it? Should I sign up for a new one that is one of yalls favorites...has a reasonalbe APR, no annual fee, decent credit limit, good benefits, etc? My credit limit is only 1000, and I have only put 50-200.00 on there a month. Should I go for a higher credit limit? Does it matter? I cant ever see myself putting thousands of dollars on my credit card for the mean time. Being a college student...I get about 4 or 5 credit card apps in the mail each week...I always tear them up and throw them away...should I start looking at those? Or should I just try to get an app for one of yalls favoites? Any sort of help would...well, help. Thanks a ton!

Have a good one!
Nealio
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us