The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-mike-ok-you-asked-for-it-1laser-17255772.aspx

Subject:  Re: Location, Location, Location? Date:  5/22/2002  12:24 PM
Author:  blford Number:  5851 of 14985

Hi Mike,

OK, you asked for it!

#1)Laser Tag/Arcade/Snack Bar type of place.

There are several of these here in Richmond, VA, along with outdoor paintball fields, and they seem to do very well!

#2)Financial Planning - More "Personal Finance" stuff that the Fool teaches here. (CC Debt, Budgeting, SAVE SOME STINK'N MONEY, etc.)

I assume, here we go again, that you already know something about this. It's a high traffic market here as well since there are so many young people around who don't know how to handle their finances well. Several colleges with kids with CCs.

#3)Car Wash - Self-Serve & Drive Through.

Every state I've ever lived in has had these around. When I move somewhere it's one of the first things I look for. The people/owners I've spoken to all say it's easy and profitable.

#4)Deli w/Mom - she has been looking into this on her own, but may need additional Financial/Business support.

A friend of mine had her own little sandwich shop and she said it was on the easiest businesses she ever had. She'd hire students and a lot of her menu items were simple enough to be heated with a microwave. She only needed a small frig, sink and the micro (if I remember correctly) and she had fun as well. Short hours since she only did lunch.

#5)Computer Consulting - Last ditch effort to get out of 9-5 working for someone else life. (Convinced I'm really burned out on doing "computer support" though).

If you're burned out, don't do it. You won't be happy and that's not the kind of business you want. If you're not happy, your employees won't be happy and neither will your customers.

HTH

├čill╒
(Good Luck!)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us