The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ok-heres-plan-revision-54345217-1-convert-17261309.aspx

Subject:  Re: Location, Location, Location? Date:  5/23/2002  11:26 AM
Author:  mikelly39 Number:  5859 of 14985

Ok, here's plan revision #54,345,217:

#1) Convert 2nd Bedroom into Home office. Hey, wait, that's already done.

#2) Advertise(small scale) Computer Consulting/Budget-Debt Assistance as 2 seperate companies.

#3) Get Cards/Flyers/Coupons printed for items in step #2

#4) Register with Temp Agencies, Headhunters, Monster.com, etc for Contract work. (I have 15 years experience working with all aspects(Programming/Mgmt/Networks/Communications/Web/etc.). I would imagine I could get a contract or 2 during this process.

#5) Scout out all Car Washes in general area, look for ones available for purchase. (Talk w/Owners, Suppliers about people looking to sell)

#5.1) Possibly work at one PT for added cash & experience.

#6) Purchase Car Wash.

#7) Hope at least one or more option in step #2 or #6 work out.

*NOTE: DW Works FT right now, so bills are covered. Have 1 Debt(Car), spotless credit, 6mo e-Fund, Approximately 20% down for the average Self Serve Car Wash earning interest every month in a MM account.

I did not bring in to account the "Deli w/Mom" because that's her gig. If she wants my help, we'll worry about it then.

I also didn't mention the "Laser Tag" Center because it involves other investors, and I'm not 100% sold on their commitment yet. So far, it seems like I'm doing all of the legwork, and the only one willing to risk giving up the "9-5 steady paycheck".

Any thoughts on this plan??

Again, thank you for all of the help/inspiration/comments. It sure makes this process alot less intimidating.

Mikelly39
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us