The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-mike-thank-you-for-the-kind-words-ive-been-17263635.aspx

Subject:  Re: Location, Location, Location? Date:  5/23/2002  4:30 PM
Author:  blford Number:  5865 of 14983

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the kind words.

I've been looking into doing my own thing for quite some time, just couldn't really pinpoint what that "thing" was though.

That and getting started is always the hardest part and since you're already doing one of the most important parts of starting a business, the research, you've got a good start already. If you're worried about the income, you could always start off part-time in your home until you get busy enough to go FT.

I have a lot of competition here in Richmond, VA, but don't mind as I work with a lot of these people. We swap customers as some don't want to Troubleshoot and others, such as myself, don't know about Networking.

I'm not a threat to these people, hence the reason they'll work with me. And I get to pick their brains too!

I might be able to help with some minor stuff, but there are others on this board who know the technical details a lot better than me, so don't pass them by either. They have some great ideas and are willing to part with them as well.

You can always e-mail me if you wish to discuss things that might be off topic on this board.

HTH

├čill╒
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us