The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt
|Subject: Re: Unemployed and in Debt||Date: 5/23/2002 5:59 PM|
|Author: milleniumfalcon||Number: 127839 of 308782|
You are in the same situation I was about three years ago.
Things To Do
1. Get any dang job you can! I had two work 2 jobs for a while.
2. Call your credit card agencies and get them to lower your interest rates. Many time one phone call will do it.
3. Shop around and get lower credit card rates if at all possible an do a balnce transfer. Currently, I took a Citi with 0% for six months and transfered my 14.9% Chase Visa onto it. I really helps.
4. Try not to fund any activities with your cards. Period. Paragraph.
5. Health Insurace: Only if you really need it. Right now, keeping as much as you can earn is important, since your "dang job" may not bring in as much dough as your dream one.
5. See #1
Who three years ago was unemployed with $17K worth of debt...
and will be free free free as oh June 30, 2002
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|