The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-graduated-from-college-just-a-few-weeks-ago-and-17265476.aspx

Subject:  Re: Unemployed and in Debt Date:  5/23/2002  10:54 PM
Author:  pailyeller Number:  127884 of 308394

I graduated from college just a few weeks ago, and I'm still looking for a job. I completely understand where you are coming from. It is hard to explain to some people that are employed just how hard it is to find that first real job.

What I have been doing is scanning the internet. I look at all the popular job sites, like Monster, but I also look at my local paper's online classifieds. They contain so many more jobs than the print version. Also, find out what companies are in your area. Go to their websites. Its amazing how many companies only post open positions on their website. Scan your brain for any other past grads that you know from school or old coworkers. Call them up and see if they know of any open positions. NETWORK! I was told once that 90% of the jobs out there are not advertised in the local paper, so networking and going directly to companies could prove to be successful.

I have an interview next week for a job I discovered directly from the company's website that I could not find in the paper (online or otherwise).

Good Luck! And keep us posted!

laura

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us