The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1laser-tagarcadesnack-bar-type-of-place-as-a-17276380.aspx

Subject:  Re: Location, Location, Location? Date:  5/27/2002  9:42 AM
Author:  rah1420 Number:  5943 of 14983

#1)Laser Tag/Arcade/Snack Bar type of place.

As a guest at one of these businesses in the past few months, I can tell you that I won't be going back there any time soon unless they advertise either private parties only or age- and experience-appropriate times for the players.

My 11-yo son attended a session of laser tag that the parents of one of his friends organized. Apparently there was a large cadre of older, more experienced teens using the facility and the operators organized the play party (pre-teen inexperienced) against the 'mashers'. Well, guess who got completely turned off of laser tag? And whats more, guess who also got bumped into and physically intimidated (the older kids would just start firing repeatedly and backing you into a corner and continuing to rack up points while you were helpless and couldn't get by them.)

I sent the operators an email regarding this issue, but never got a reply. So we know where to stay away from in the future. :-{)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us