The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/when-i-look-at-most-planning-for-retirement-17284919.aspx

Subject:  Re: Purchasing Bonds Date:  5/29/2002  11:59 AM
Author:  hackshark Number:  3793 of 35400

When I look at most planning for retirement advice (I know you agree with this), I find the assumptions pretty questionable

I have to agree with this. I rarely see professional advice approaching anything I would consider reasonable, and to pay for this kind of advice would add insult to injury... just imagine all of the people who were 80-100% in equities based on professional advice and the thumping those people have taken (or still are taking, to be precise)... imagine paying 1-2 % fee on top of that, which is pretty much the going rate. Maybe some professionals recommended lower stock allocations than 80% (haven't seen many though). I would most like to see the professionals that steered people out of equities at an appropriate time. These are the people that would get my business, but there probably wouldn't be very many to interview.

-hack
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us