The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Book Club (Fiction Poetry Drama)

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-have-a-job-and-dont-have-the-funds-to-17314992.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone ever try to write a novel? Date:  6/4/2002  3:23 PM
Author:  khalou Number:  936 of 3276

I don't have a job, and don't have the funds to formally copyright something evertime I have to edit a line or do a major overhaul of a draft. Nor do I have the funds to pursue something legally if the need ever arise...

Isn't it true that TMF is a kind of 'protection' against anyone stealing yer stuff? It's dated and held in a databank for all time. I write songs as well and after recording them, I send them registered mail to myself and don't open the envelope. It's a cheap way to 'copyright' it.

I'm willing to set up such a forum and guarantee a review (by me) of at least one item per week, if the interest is out there.

I think that some interest exists, at least tentatively. I'd be curious as to reading various material and trying to help and get a feel for what types of criticisms exist for others' stories too.

I would be interested. And my hat's off to ya for offering to do something like this.

k

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us