The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/brwhiz-wrote-sorry-i-missed-a-category-of-17368350.aspx

Subject:  Re: How low do I let it go? Date:  6/15/2002  3:51 PM
Author:  galeno Number:  34684 of 75833

brwhiz wrote:
Sorry, I missed a category of investor for whom index funds might be a good bet.

How about EVERYONE??

But there are funds out there (18 at last count) that had consistently returned over 20% CAGR for the last 1, 3, and 5 years. Maybe you should talk your plan administrator into including one of those in YOUR plan.

Hmmm, just pick one or more of the 18 out of 12,000 or so managed equity mutual funds (0.15%) and BINGO!! You're there! Wow!

Forget that, I have an easier way: out of 9277 active companies on the three major US exchanges, SIMPLY pick one or more of the the 14 stocks (0.15%) that have appreciated more than 2123% over the last year and BINGO! It's FAR BETTER than picking the right mutual funds.

Here are the magic 14 stocks: SUHG, JOYG, WGII, ANCPA, CTRLY, AWIN, GHVI, ASLC, CGAM, ITEB, MNCP, MMUS, IPSU, and CQB.

Tell YOUR plan administrator that you want one or all the above stocks in your plan <grin>!!!!!!!!!

And why stocks? Just pick the 6 or 8 (I can't remember because I never play) correct numbers on the Powerball lottery and you can forget about stocks for the next 5 generations of your family.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us