The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/although-i-have-gotten-a-great-deal-out-of-school-17374878.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: staying motivated with decision Date:  6/17/2002  4:29 PM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  130860 of 308883

Although I have gotten a great deal out of school because I have been actively applying the material as I learn it, part-time night/weekend school is not for the faint of heart. Both of us have come perilously close to burnout, and at times we have had to basically schedule "dates" in order to see each other. Hobbies, a social life and even getting enough sleep have pretty much been fond memories or in-class daydreams. Have I mentioned that getting up for class every Saturday morning for a year sucks?

In short, I have gotten a lot of value out of it, but I have also paid dearly. As a parent, you couldn't afford the price (not talking money here), which is why I will be damned glad when this is over (May '03). We have also held off having kids until then.

Do it full-time. You'll get more help and you will be less stretched personally and have more time for Chandra.

Thanks for your full, honest answer, brewer!

I have burned out in the past, it's why I've been scared to take any classes since spring '99.

It IS hard to do both, work and school. I know this, and I've even been told that people can expect big dips in GPA the more hours they work. It's kind of hard to change my thinking this way, but I DO think this is the way for me to do it. I can't risk another major burn-out.

Ishtar

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us