The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/she-brought-it-up-because-chandra-is-with-her-17374931.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: staying motivated with decision Date:  6/17/2002  4:41 PM
Author:  LuluB Number:  130861 of 308881

She brought it up because Chandra is with her now, and Chandra is somewhat worried about things. Chandra thinks that if I'm not working we'll end up on the streets or starve

My daughter can also be that way at times. Children do not see the future, they only see the *now.* Kids also seem to pick up on the vibes around them. My daughter worries if I park the car somewhere (Will we get a ticket, etc), but your attitude can go a long way toward calming Chandra's fears. She needs to feel like you are both in it together. As long as you and she can have special times once you go to school, I think she'll be fine. I think it's natural to fear the unknown, but there is also comfort knowing you are not alone. If you can discuss her fears and get it all out in the open, she'll feel loads better. I think it would also help for her to know that you are not 100% sure how everything will pan out, but that what you are about to embark on will improve both your lives. And try to explain how. She'll also feel better if there is something she can do to help you (in a 6 year old way). That's what I do with Michelle.

Louise
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us