The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/many-places-my-state-government-agency-17434205.aspx

Subject:  Re: Political OT: Church v. State Date:  6/28/2002  3:00 PM
Author:  Kilbia Number:  132199 of 308484

Many places, my (state government agency) workplace included, need to keep a skeleton crew even on popular holidays like Christmas or Easter. If people work in a department which needs a skeleton crew, they can opt to work those days and take compensatory time off later - perhaps to celebrate the holidays with meaning to them. Same option if your work is project-oriented (you need to get these tasks done by this deadline) rather than time-oriented (you need to answer the phones during these hours).

And let's not even get into my husband's job. He's a UNIX admin, and the big holidays are the best time for the techs to go in and get real work done since the load on the servers is minimized.

So at least around here, there's opportunity for unwashed heathens like myself to stay out of the mainstream trend of not working on December 25th. =)

- Kilbia
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us