The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ive-always-found-the-separation-of-church-and-17435030.aspx

Subject:  Re: Political OT: Church v. State Date:  6/28/2002  4:49 PM
Author:  LuluB Number:  132221 of 308881

I've always found the separation of church and state to be a difficult concept to adopt. After all, if you are a christian or a jew or something else, how do you cut off that entire part of yourself when you are at school (state) and then turn it back on once you return home? If I believe in God, I will always believe in God wherever I am.

BTW... I do not expect an answer to this question, as I am not really asking a question. Just something I've wondered about from time to time. And I I wonder why people get all bent out of shape by the mere mention of God, yet nobody gets bent out of shape at the mention of Allah, Jehovah, or whoever <fill in the blank>. If someone's an atheist, why would that bother me? If someone's a christian, why would that bother me? It doesn't mean I have to be either of them. The choice is still mine to make.

Oh Well....

Louise
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us