The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wow-ive-been-accused-of-many-things-in-the-17435939.aspx

Subject:  Re: Political OT: Church v. State Date:  6/28/2002  7:53 PM
Author:  frissy Number:  132235 of 308690

Wow. I've been accused of many things in the past, but never of being mean, nor mean-spirited. As I understand it, Witnesses do not pay taxes, nor do they vote, register for the draft, nor pay state or local license (vehicle, etc.) fees. I could be mistaken on some or all of that, however.

The question I was trying to ask, however feebly, is that if you make a Big Deal out of not swearing allegiance to a government, then should you take the benefits said government offers? Is one okay, but not the other? I'm just trying to understand.

How can you not pay taxes?

Isn't the saying "Only two things are certain, death and taxes, and people are living longer lives every day..."?

I think you are right, though. If they don't want to participate in paying for the government, they shouldn't be holding their hands out for the money. I just hate to see kids go hungry...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us