The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-is-the-latest-class-action-lawsuit-that-was-17458083.aspx

Subject:  Re: Curious - Providian is giving me money Date:  7/3/2002  2:46 PM
Author:  sockwonder Number:  132567 of 308882

This is the latest class action lawsuit that was settled against Providian. I was given $5.12 or something like that. If you keep things, they sent out a pamphlet a couple of months ago that described the different levels (A, B, etc.). I forget what the suit was about, but who cares. Free money. By the way, the credits in our accounts most certainly explain the 29.99% APR they're pushing come August. It's funny: they get sued for bad faith practices, so they credit people, and then implement more bad faith practices to pay for the credits. Keep your eyes open for another credit in the following months... LOL As soon as I get my Citibank Upromise card in the mail, I'm calling Providian to cancel. I currently have a 0 balance, and I've never been late. I'm kinda interested to see what they'll say - whether they'll try to keep me or not.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us