The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/instead-of-uniting-us-in-a-time-when-we-really-17468785.aspx

Subject:  Re: Political OT: Church v. State Date:  7/6/2002  5:19 PM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  132749 of 308858

Instead of uniting us in a time when we really need it, this action serves to further polarize us against each other. Remember that Twilight Zone episode, "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street?" The aliens stood up on the ridge and watched as the townspeople accused each other of being aliens themselves. In the end the town self destructed (socially) and the aliens never had set foot there. We risk imploding from within. God help us.

but you don't see how using the word/name "God" in a patriotic sense CREATES division?

Am I not patriotic because I refuse to say "under God?" If I DON'T believe in a single Diety named God, then why should I WANT to come together with those that think I'm unpatriotic?

It's been turned into an issue of patriotism. IMO, if they are going to leave in the words "under God" then they should take out the word "indivisible" (which I think is MUCH more important) because they have CREATED a dividing line.

Ishtar
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us