The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: travel deduction co-worker error Date:  7/7/2002  8:50 PM
Author:  QuillandPenn Number:  60890 of 127613


If you are working for a company with an expense account, you probably have a hotel tab as well as a food and entertainment tab. On business trips away from the office, we must fill out a T&E form so the bean counters want to know how you are spending the monies. Some times they require receipts. A smarter company would issue you an American Express Corporate card for all expenses. Sort of a check and balances amongst you all. Even at home, if you entertain clients, it's on the company with names of who attended the dinner or power lunch. Otherwise, your friend is ripping off the company and padding the receipts. Then again, review with your supervisor or bean counters for company policies.

Just a thought,

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us