The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jmitch-writes-i-think-and-hope-your-comments-17536617.aspx

Subject:  Re: A Key To Early Retirement Date:  7/18/2002  3:11 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  70732 of 749271

jmitch writes:

I think (and hope) your comments regarding delays, hemming and hawing, etc. primarily refer to Tricare Prime (the HMO version). If I am being blissfully ignorant thinking I will be pretty well taken care of with Tricare Standard + a supplement I'd appreciate your insights.

It's true I was kvetching about Champus now morphed into Tricare Prime and Tricare Standard. It's also true I was treated under an HMO concept, and found it sadly lacking. Still, retired friends using Tricare Standard tell me the situation ain't much better there, either. As for Medicare, I have only the experience of my folks there. Needless to say, I'm merely whelmed by that program. It's adequate, but I much prefer my present Cadillac, point-of-servce insurance with it's unlimited lifetime cap. I can go where I please, and that's a great comfort. Luckily, I can afford it's cost, too.

Regards..Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us