The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Parents and Expecting Parents

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-not-a-huge-infant-fan-so-the-quotend-17560471.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fear Date:  7/23/2002  12:13 PM
Author:  2Leos Number:  9009 of 42472

I'm not a huge infant fan, so the "end result" of "this cute tiny thing" probably isn't going to do it.

No, that'll do it. You just don't know it yet.

I was never a 'kid' or infant fan, or even into marriage for that matter. Then, I had one of my one and my life changed forever. I still don't find other people's kids that engaging but I love my little girl in ways I could never articulate. She's 18 mos. now and I still stare at her in awe the same way I did the day she was born.

Don't get me wrong, becoming a father freaked me out, and the preganancy wasn't easy on my wife -- she was bedridden for the last few months to control pre-eclampsia. And, I spent more than 1 night with her in the hospital enduring other complications. Obviously I can't speak for the women who have to endure this process but I can tell you that my wife and I have never regretted the risks involved in getting to where we are today.

Just my .02 cents.

- D

Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us