The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/because-he-did-all-this-he-was-hardly-17611665.aspx

Subject:  Re: A Key To Early Retirement Date:  7/31/2002  9:59 AM
Author:  ResNullius Number:  72311 of 734948

Because he did all this, he was hardly "retired." He was a scientist and statesman, not a golfer.

What's this! I'm sick and tired of hearing people suggest that retirment, whether playing golf or whatever, somehow means that early retirees are less than worthy to breath the air of humanity. That's complete bull. Having the guts, brains, ability, and energy to save and invest in order to get the out of the rat race hardly amounts to the worthlessness the whiners like to present. I guess the whiners just can't hack it, so they want the rest of us to be like them. For me, I'll take my hard-earned early retirement any day. Getting away from the whiners is one of the reasons I got the heck out of the rat race. Too many whining rats for my tastes. And, by the way, I'll do whatever the heck I want with my free time, thank you very much.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us