The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Buying Real Estate in an IRA Date:  8/6/2002  9:40 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  61116 of 127627

<<May I now inquire as to the (1) feasibility of, (2)availability of information on, using a Roth IRA to buy drp's without !!! a broker, i.e., depositing $3500 (over 50) in a bank account (trustee) and sending periodic payments to Companies with DRP's ???>>

You'll likely not find any companies that will participate with DRIPs into an IRA account...Roth or Traditional. Too much paperwork for them (the company) to complete when you take distributions. I don't know of any company that will provide a DRIP to an IRA. If anybody knows of one, then feel free to spread the word.

<<In relation to (2), I have looked thru FAQ's and backtracked, but as someone said once, "When you're looking for a needle in a haystack, what you don't need is more hay">>

As I say...I don't know if you'll find any companies that will DRIP into an IRA. But feel free to give it your best shot.

TMF Taxes

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us