The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks O / O'Charley's Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-are-they-like-somewhere-in-between-a-17650499.aspx

Subject:  Re: over-reaction? Date:  8/7/2002  10:54 AM
Author:  stillkathryn Number:  18 of 35

What are they like--somewhere in between a Chili's and an Outback?

We eat there pretty often. It's less "theme-y" than Outback, food is not as pricey. Probably more like a Chili's (hard for me to say that--I don't like Chili's at all!). You can get a very good steak dinner for under $15, with salad and fresh bread. They make their own dressings, soups, etc. and the fish has always been nice and fresh. The bar section usually does a good business. Management fixes problems pretty quickly (like over-cooked steak), and management presence seems a lot more that at the Chili's I've been to. I think it's similar to a Bennigans or a Houlihan, if that helps, but again, the prices seem maybe a buck or so less per item. They really aim for consumers who want value for $$ but also want good-tasting fresh food. You're not going to get creative chef specials, but it's good for people who just want a dependable meal, reasonably priced, and don't require their meal to be memorable or trendy. It's also fairly dieter-friendly.

Sorry if I sound like an ad...I was a customer before I was a shareholder.

Kathryn
(darn...now I'm hungry)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us