The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Buying Real Estate in an IRA Date:  8/7/2002  11:58 AM
Author:  SirTas Number:  61137 of 127613

You'll likely not find any companies that will participate with DRIPs into an IRA account...Roth or Traditional. Too much paperwork for them (the company) to complete when you take distributions. I don't know of any company that will provide a DRIP to an IRA. If anybody knows of one, then feel free to spread the word.

How about these? (Or isn't this what is asked about?)

Isn't the idea that the owner of the IRA makes cash contributions and then the cash is used to make stock purchases? Then, when (qualified)distributions are taken, what comes out of a traditional IRA is going to be taxed as regular income, and what comes out of a Roth is not going to be taxed at all, so I really don't see what the paperwork would involve... I must be missing something....


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us