The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/criscarson-you-wrote-speaking-of-nextcardive-17852728.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tell me about the Worst Credit Card Offer EV Date:  9/17/2002  8:17 PM
Author:  joelcorley Number:  140158 of 308362

criscarson,

You wrote, Speaking of Nextcard...I've never before encountered a CC that turns down money! can't even pay them this month becasue their 'new' website is down; all I get is an error msg.

Hum... That's a pretty lousy excuse not to pay a bill. It wasn't that long ago that I had to pay all my bills by writing a paper check, putting it in an envelope, putting a stamp on it and putting it in the mail.

Heaven forfend! I've even sent in payments without the payment stub or a pre-address envelope!

The fact that a convinence they offer you as part of their service isn't working, doesn't change your debt obligations. You need to find their payment address and send them a payment anyway. If you think their payment processing center is suspect because of the bankruptcy, call their service center. If that's not working, try the FDIC's customer service center. They'll be able to tell you what's going on and who you should talk to about payments.

- Joel
Not a NextCard user; but I did call the FDIC last week over another matter. They were very helpful.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us