The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-charlie-im-not-leaving-i-love-learning-only-17952972.aspx

Subject:  Re: Understanding Mark Ups Date:  10/6/2002  9:52 PM
Author:  opentolearn Number:  4782 of 35351

Hi Charlie:

I'm not leaving. I love learning, only I get impatient and overwhelmed. I belong to N.A.I.C. and have been learning about stocks for a few years now, and have made some horrible mistakes, as well as some okay decisions. The more I learn the less I know.

I bought some I bonds a couple of years ago and some treasuries direct. I am that certain age where I have to be careful, so income is one consideration, but definitely not the only factor. I presently have a portfolio with a so called friend who has an agency that specializes in bonds. I just left it to him, and have been disappointed and realize I can't leave it to anyone, I have to know what I am doing, so I am thinking of taking it away from him and putting it in a couple of brokerages (either on line, or in person). There would be stocks in my portfolio too. I would not be trading bonds, I just need to have more conservative investments. I have quite a bit of cash in short term treasuries until I decide what to do, that was why I was asking my questions.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us