The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Pharmaceuticals

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-took-full-disclosure-to-mean-all-possible-side-18052865.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Patient Information Date:  10/26/2002  12:27 PM
Author:  danbobtx Number:  254 of 892

I took full disclosure to mean all possible side effects: ie. may cause purple splotches if taken with Alcohol on Friday the 13 before Halloween... I've had some (a few) doctors/pharmacists who provided this level of detail, which is (IMHO) overkill. On the other hand, I've had others that didn't even mention possible (Common) interaction with regular OTC drugs.

Worst experiences have been with Dentists and Eye care practicioners...... Yes, I really did want to know what was in those eye drops, and what it might do

Best experiences have been with M.D.s with a long term relationship... Basic, likely facts, coupled with some knowledge of my medical history, and even works with me to find drugs I likely won't have a problem with. This is what I would like the standard to be, but the patient/provider (Doctor or Pharma) relationship seems to be the key.

Danbobtx
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us