The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Foolish Elves - Acts of Kindness

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-there-this-is-a-wonderful-idea-i-am-in-18133075.aspx

Subject:  Re: Git Ya Butt Up - It's Xmas Time! Date:  11/11/2002  8:17 AM
Author:  JacKitts Number:  817 of 3078

Hey there!
This is a wonderful idea. I am in northeastern Connecticut--the poverty pocket of the (reputedly) richest state per capita in the country.
Our church has an angel tree for the Salvation Army, another tree for foster children (our "rich" state provides $150 a month for each child--no matter their needs), and then we have a two-week period where we collect unwrapped gifts for the children of the residents of the Niantic Women's Prison. The women can then give a gift to each of their children. Then, when the tree is finally bare, we decorate it with hats and mittens for the local homeless shelter. If you are looking for local projects, these are suggestions.
We have so much (otherwise we wouldn't have computers to read this, right?) I think sharing what we have is a "must". I would be more than happy to follow the crown on this board. I like the Chicago idea a lot. I had no idea that dirt floors existed in this country any more.
Jac
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us