The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/nate-i-use-my-credit-unions-bill-pay-service-and-18144030.aspx

Subject:  Re: Best Buy Credit and billing cycle Date:  11/13/2002  8:45 AM
Author:  Wolfshead56 Number:  145045 of 308782

Nate

I use my credit unions bill pay service and what I do in situatons like this is note the date the statement was generated and the due date. I then set up my check to be sent on the day after the statement is closed. This way my check is on the way before I even get the statement but after the period is closed so that it is applied at the right time. If you know the account number and the amount you are sending just keep a copy of the address around and send in a payment after your statement closes. After you do the first one you can alays use the paperwork from the previous statement to send the next check. You say you have done it before so you probably know it but just a reminder anyway, the end of the promo doesn't always coincide with the end of a statement so to be on the safe side you should plan on having it paid off a month early because Household, who issues Best Buys' card, has been know to play fast and loose with payment posting.

herb
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us