The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/arbitration-18205874.aspx

Subject:  Arbitration Date:  11/25/2002  1:05 PM
Author:  galagan Number:  23 of 63

I am interested in retiring early and would like to offer myself up as a case study.

To that end, I would be very much obliged if representatives of each of the varying opinions about retiring early from the REHP board would consider making a statement reflecting their views and applying them to my situation.

I have looked at the FAQ for the REHP board. It appears to state one opinion in summary fashion, and then refers one to a more detailed outside source. I have looked at some of the materials on that outside source, but I think it would be helpful to hear not only clarified descriptions of that position but also other positions as well.

In doing so in this forum, I hope to clear out some of the messages that are argumentative and based on things other than trying to retire early. For instance, I will not tolerate ad hominem attacks. Criticism of research and analysis are of course appreciated, but I would hope that all would make such criticism constructive and avoid needless confrontations.

In other words, I am taking over ownership of this dormant board. If this experiment actually goes somewhere, the board will evolve according to its own dynamics, but my hope is to provide at least some guiding influence on its growth.

Here's some info about me:

Salary: X/year (if the threads make it clear that I need to be less vague, I will deal with that later)
Benefits: health insurance, 401(k) with partial match, term life
Net worth: 4X
Living expenses: 0.3X/year

Thanks in advance for your help.

dan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us