The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/apple-retail-has-oversized-physical-space-which-18355706.aspx

Subject:  Re: The mystery that is Apple Retail Date:  12/30/2002  6:39 PM
Author:  agentpreppie Number:  80549 of 204067

Apple Retail has oversized physical space which provides comfort for shoppers, but is also wasteful of capital resources and increase lease expenses.

Yeah, everyone loves walking around in a store packed like sardines.

Apple Retail doesn't do the hard sell, a proven model for selling elctronics.

Bullsiht. When I worked in the computer section of Best Buy in high school I was one of the best salesmen because I didn't do the hard sell. If my customers had questions, I'd answer them honestly but I never leaned on them to buy right then.

Apple Retail pays its employees more than the industry average wages.

So are you adverse to paying better employees more money? Trust me, the majority of people that work for Best Buy/Circuit City/CompUSA are barely worth employeeing as sales staff with their lack of knowledge about what they are selling.

Apple Retail over-staffs by employing non-sales personnel to be on-site (aka "Genius Bar").

Wow, so does Best Buy with their computer repair center though all they really do is act like they know what they are doing, then screw up the machine more and have to ship it off to actually get fixed.

Agent
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us