The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Speaker's Corner / Geology

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/anyone-familiar-with-this-magazine-amazon-18401408.aspx

Subject:  Re: Geotimes Date:  1/8/2003  9:56 PM
Author:  redbaron7 Number:  173 of 186

Anyone familiar with this magazine? Amazon recommended it to me the other night. I used to get Earth magazine, which I loved, but unfortunately not enough others did so it stopped publication. I've been wondering if there was another magazine devoted solely to earth sciences.

Ellen

I don't think so. I used to get Earth when I was an undergrad. Nice pictures,etc. but a pricey luxury for a poor impoverished student who thought it a bit sensationalist at the time.

In the UK there's a newspaper-format publication that GeoSupplies (I think that's the name) in Sheffield publish. They mainly send stocks to museums and geology depts, but send it out to individuals for little more than the cost of postage. However they'd never send renewal notices, so it was hard to keep it going!
If you were in the UK then this is recommended - full of news of the geology scene out there.

Then there are the society publications of course. I get Geoscience from GeolSoc which is an easier read than their journals! :-)

RB

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us