The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-reply-mark-i-was-able-to-get-a-18419083.aspx

Subject:  Re: The down side of moving to California Date:  1/12/2003  6:44 PM
Author:  YunusEmre Number:  149131 of 308452

Thanks for the reply Mark. I was able to get a credit card to build a credit history sooner because I had a credit card in UK with the same company and they shared my financial information with my consent. That is the only time my credit history (well, part of it) from UK was used.

The cell phone company refuses to take my employers name (infact now ex-employer) of the bill. Looks like I have to ask my ex-employer to contact the cell phone comapany to do it.

And yes you are right, I did get my deposits back. They were all very happy as I always paid the bills on time.

I checked my FICO score recently, it was around 650, which is about the lowest at which they consider lending you money. I was told a large part of the reason is the fact that my credit history only went back 24 months or so and second factor was I had above 50% balance/credit limit rate on one of my credit cards, which was stupid of me. Anyhow I have been paying that off, now it is nearly paid off, so I hope it is going to boost my score a bit.

The reason why I am interested in my FICO score is because I want to take advantage of these low mortgage loan rates. But I do not want to apply for too many loans only to find out I cannot do it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us