The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Asset Allocation for Retirement Date:  1/22/2003  4:29 PM
Author:  MadCapitalist Number:  35601 of 88472

You can loose your principle just like in stocks or equity funds. To get a fixed rate of return I simply buy CDs. Rates might currently be low but I know what I'll have when I'll get it.

Of course, you could always get a fixed rate of return on a bond by holding to maturity (assuming that the issuer doesn't default).
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us